Listed and identified object of cultural heritage “Tenement house, 1910-1913, architect K.Rosenkampf (at the base – the main house of the city estate of the second half of the 18th century and outbuilding early 19th century). Moscow Noble Guesthouse was located here in 1814-1815. In 1825-1826, the poet Adam Mickiewicz lived in the guesthouse of F.Lechner”
3 Malaya Dmitrovka Street – 10/1 Nastasyinsky Lane, Moscow, Russia
2012-2016 – Restoration and adaptation project, Project documentation, Architectural supervision
Tyulyaeva's tenement house is a building by K.L. Rosenkampf, and is a classic of Moscow art nuveau. In fact, the house was built over the basement of a XVII century estate building and includes parts of its walls yet the facade still resonates with the the Merchant's Club (now Lenkom) standing opposite in terms of the colonnades, "horned" towers and stucco/molding motifs.
During the restoration process, a contrasting colour scheme was established for this duet of buildings: Tyulyaeva's house took on a bright green to olive colour reminiscent of Lenkom while Malaya Dmitrovka's took an art neuveau look, making it clearly visible.
With the building's future in mind, its structure had to be reinforced most notably with the wooden ceilings, which were in a state of disrepair, being replaced with monolithic slabs on columns. The Monier vaults in the cellars were retained and, for reasons of strength, duplicated with new slabs. The foundation masonry was also reinforced and the brick walls fortified.
The original roof was lost before the restoration, so a new roof was made from titanium zinc, the contours of its slopes corresponding with the original. The roof lanterns above the flight of stairs that were removed in Soviet times have been restored. The firewalls and courtyard facades were historically unpainted, so the brick surfaces were cleaned and restored to their original appearance before being coated with a hydrophobic compound.
While the tenement house found new life as an office block after the fall of the Soviet Union, it has since been returned to its original residential function.